Tuesday, June 8, 2010

As Always, Proud Mom and Dad

I had to share this video I took the last day of school. . . .it is kind of fuzzy because it was fairly dark in the auditorium (not sure why) and I was far away. You may also have to turn the volume up on your computer to hear what he is saying. I would also pause it until it is all loaded otherwise it will stop at various times to "catch up".

The morning of the last day of school, the guidance counselor (the guy speaking in the video and also a coach in our high school) came to my classroom to tell me Elyse was getting an award today at the Jr. High awards assembly. I kind of looked at him because I knew they gave out lots of certificates that day for variety of things that Elyse participated in or achieved such as honor roll, sports things etc. He then said that she was getting what he would call the highest award given in jr. high as it is an award selected by the faculty based on character and involvement. He thought I would like to be there to see her receive it as she had no idea.

It was one of the last awards given, and Elyse saw me come in the auditorium wondering what the heck I was doing there (as there are not a lot of parents who attend). I watched her get a few other awards, 2nd in conference in track for high jump, high honor roll, Presidential something, etc. - very proud of her for all of them. The last award she did not know she was getting is called the Citizenship Award and Mr. Sickles, the guy in the video, explains what it is based off of and given for. Needless to say, Wayne and I were very proud of Elyse. . . .so this is our "bragging moment" so to say as all parents like to share the great things their children do. Very, very, very proud of her! Love you Elyse!

I actually got a little teary eyed. . . .very proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment