Sunday, September 26, 2010

Wayne is a Happy Man! The Rest of Us....Content!






The weather cooperated with us yesterday and it stopped raining right as we parked and were ready to begin tailgating for the big UNI vs ISU football game. Due to all the flooding Ames had, there were minimal spaces to tailgate. We found a parking lot right by a park that was very close to the field. Needless to say, when one comes, others follow and the parking lot filled with people. The kids had a great time playing football, bocce, and hanging out. My uncle Dean, my cousin, Blake, my cousin, Ryan, and their UNI posse joined us for a while as well as our friend, Tom, who used to play football for ISU. It was a fun afternoon, although Wayne felt a little outnumbered by all the purple. Alex was good and work a UNI jersey but ISU shorts (until he had to put jeans on). Wayne made us suffer on the way down to Ames. We weren't even out of Cresco and he blared the ISU fight song on the radio....

Anyway, Elyse's friend, Molly, want to her first college game as well as my "other son", Spencer, joined us. Nate, Kirstin's boyfriend, went along as well. Fun time tailgating!

The game....well....let's just say that Wayne was very happy!!! He usually cheers for UNI but NOT when they are playing his ISU team. I was content, as I usually cheer for ISU but NOT when they are playing my UNI team. I don't think UNI showed up.....it must have been a different team as they couldn't do anything. three turnovers won't help you win a football game. Oh well....

Good memories were created on a gorgeous evening of football! (I still love my UNI Panthers!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment