Sunday, September 18, 2011

Crestwood Varsity Takes 3rd at Waukon Tournament

Elyse, 14, Middle Blocker as serve comes over

Going for the hit!

While I love watching volleyball and enjoy it, the last two Saturdays have been spent at varsity volleyball tournaments.  Yes, they are exciting......but not when there is a 3 hour "wait time" for your team to play.....that is not fun!  It would be better if it were at least in a place where I could do some shopping or something, but that wasn't the fact either.  So.....I waited!  Didn't have my Nook, didn't have my ipod, didn't have my computer......what was I thinking when I left home???? Obviously I wasn't!

Wayne was home doing some "stuff" at the country club and Alex stayed home to rest as the two of them, along with Elyse, have been suffering from a terrible sore throat and coughing.  Elyse had someone carry a tissue box around all day at the tournament for her as she was sniffing constantly. (You are a good friend, Molly)  I am just waiting for it to him me.....hoping it doesn't.  So for today, it was just me at the tourney.

The Crestwood Varsity girls did play in a 12 team tournament yesterday in Waukon.  While it was a day of ups and downs, they girls looked great overall and pulled out claiming 3rd place. Some of the teams we played were from Minnesota while a few were in our conference.  For some reason, we struggle with the teams from our conference (have yet to beat a team in our conference).  Elyse, and a two others sophomores who dress varsity but are mainly JV players, got some "game time" and were excited to participate in a super day of volleyball.  It may not have been much for any of the three, but it was time on the floor.  Elyse even had a spike as well as a set to claim an assist.  She's "in the books"!!!! :)

Great job Crestwood Girls Varsity!

No comments:

Post a Comment