Wednesday, October 12, 2011

UNI Homecoming - Gorgeous Day for Tailgating

Molly and Elyse playing "bags". Dome in back
Molly and Elyse
We finally had a weekend to get to a college football game.  It seemed like that was what we always did on the weekends in the fall in the past....funny how things change....but for the good of course.   Sadly, we haven't gotten to a Wartburg game to watch our nephew Brandon play.  Hopefully that will happen in the near future. 

Girls and Guys hanging out
With Wayne gone to Georgia to pick up a new Culligan truck and drive it home, the kids and I jumped in the car and headed to Cedar Falls for the day for some tailgating with friends and some action in the "Dome".  Of course, Elyse's friend, Molly, went along and Alex was with his friend, Spencer.  We ended up tailgating with some friends, played some "bean bags", football, and just had a super time tailgating in the sunshine.  I was proud to be a UNI alumni as I have NEVER seen so many tailgaters there!  It was impressive!  Way to go UNI!  You have to know that when I was at UNI, tailgating wasn't a really big deal (yes, I know....dumb).  But it wasn't.  We did "tailgate in our dorm rooms" but my how that has changed for the Panthers!  Very impressive turn out for tailgating!  Yeah! 
Spencer, Molly, Elyse, Matthew, Matthew's girlfriend, and Alex

We had parked along the football practice field so the boys ended up playing a lot of football against some other guys where were there while the girls hung out and "chatted". 

UNI played a fabulous football game that came down to the last quarter so at least we got to see a super football game!  Kids love every minute of it.  It made me realize how much I miss UNI but also Saturday college football.  Elyse and Molly still say they like tailgating better at Iowa State in Ames, but what can I say?   I still bleed purple and gold....Go Panthers!

And yes Wayne,  we did miss you lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment