Thursday, November 3, 2011

On to the Next Sport....Volleyball Banquet

One last Varsity huddle...Elyse is number 14

Varsity girls with their "six pack" shirts....

sophomore girls on varsity and Molly (video taper)
I am sitting at school at 6:30 PM while Alex has AAU basketball practice.  You would think I would be doing school work right???  I was.....just not in that mode right now.  So I thought it has been too long since I last updated everyone on the "happenings" of the Kerian family.

Elyse and Alex wrapped up their fall sports and we are ready to move on.  Elyse had her volleyball banquet this past Tuesday night, thus the pictures I have posted.  They are of the varsity team as well as one of the sophomores that dressed varsity (plus Molly).  I sat and watched her at the banquet the other night sitting with her team and hearing the laughs and giggles.  Seems like just yesterday she was playing Park and Rec volleyball on Monday nights.  The team really came together this past year after a rocky, emotional year last year.  Neither the JV nor Varsity came out big winners a lot, but they worked together and stayed positive and became a close knit group.

I will post some pictures of the conference tournament as well as some of the game we had vs New Hampton for regionals, but those pictures are on a different computer.  Sadly, we lost first round regionals so it is time to move on. Congratulations to all the girls, JV and Varsity!  Congrats to Miranda, Wayne's niece, and Elyse who both lettered in varsity volleyball.  Great job girls!

Alex has had AAU basketball practice now for about 3 or 4 weeks and will have his first tournament this weekend down by my parents.  Therefore, we are heading to my parents Friday night so that he can get a little "Gma love and food" before the games early Saturday morning.  I asked him if he wanted to go to Grandma and Papa's Friday night and he said, "Yes please...will she cook for me?"  So we will be having a nice dinner back home with mom.  I am looking forward to it...then basketball Saturday.

Elyse has been practicing for basketball as well....on her own or with some girls as practice does not officially start until next Monday.  She is pumped and ready.  She practiced last night with Kyle, whom she has practiced with now for years....let's just say she was red and exhausted afterwards but loved it all.  Kyle told me she is so much stronger and aggressive than she was last year due to her "many" games this summer.  She just smiled.  So hopefully we will have an excited year of basketball ahead! ......and bleacher butt!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment