Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Beautiful - Fun - Night at Madrigal


Elyse racing Tiffany on "stick horses" in front of everyone

Elyse middle jester

Elyse, front middle, bidding audience fare well


Molly, Elyse, Alexis
I will admit, I wasn't that excited to go to Madgrical at first.  Wayne and I had been to it a few years ago and it was nice, but let's admit it, also long.  It was in the high school, and they did a super job trying to change it into the time period and Christmasy, but still the high school.  Well, that changed this year as Madrigal was wonderful!  I will admit, I even had a few tears at the end watching Elyse singing up and having fun!  I looked over at Wayne many times, and he was just staring at his "little girl" with a grin on his face.  I wish I could have captured that moment.

This year's performance was held in a building that used to be a catholic church and is now called the Heritage Center.  It was decorated with so many Christmas trees and Christmas lights while all other lights were dimmed.  The atmosphere alone was just nice to relax and be a part of.

Elyse was a jester for the two performances of Madgrical. Wayne and I knew not to make eye contact with her throughout the performance or she would come over with her group of jesters and pick on us.  Needless to say, there were only a few comments directed at us so we were pretty safe the whole night! Wayne tried to pay her off before the night so that he wouldn't have to do anything.  The one time we did go years ago, Wayne had to get up in front of everyone and spell words with his butt.  Tramatized for life!!! :)  She did a wonderful job performancing as the jester, even picking on her cousin Tiffany who happened to be in the audience Sunday evening.  Tiffany had to have a "horse race" like midieval times against Elyse.  It was cute because they used the horses with the heads on a stick.  Elyse's horse ended up going out of control and Tiffany won...very cute! 

The evening ended with Christmas songs that all the audience joined in.  This was exactly what I needed to get me more in the Christmas mood!  And I will say....not sure where she gets it...but Elyse has a beautiful voice.....

Another proud moment to share.  All are invited to next year's Madgrical....

No comments:

Post a Comment