Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Jamaica - I Love You!

riding horses in ocean - common activity for many tourist.  This is a local trying to entice tourist to do it. 

Wayne snorkeling right off beach edge

Yes.... it is "Teachers"

Our favorite bartender....Keeno.  Specialty drink called "hypnotist".  Yummy!

My daily view on the beach! 
Once basketball wrapped up, sadly too quickly we thought, Wayne and I booked a quick trip to Jamaica.  Being we booked two weeks before we left, our choices were limited but we found a place that we had been to before that was adequate.  It was exactly what we needed.

The beach was heavenly, the weather was 85+ everyday, the food was good, and the drinks were better.  Wayne golfed every morning at 6:30 with his caddy while I slept in, and he was back by 9:30 in the morning when I woke to head to breakfast and the beach. 

I'd like to say we left the resort to do some touristy things, but this time, we didn't. We signed up to go ziplining through the jungle area, but did not go when we saw how beautiful the weather was going to be that day.  I needed to be on the beach (and of course, Wayne had to golf for a few hours)  We had all we needed and I was content on the beach as it was perfect.  We did snorkel but we did that right at the resort as there was a reef right off the beach that had beautiful fish.  The fish were obviously fed frequently by people as they would swim right up to you looking for food.  The water was crystal clear and heaven. 

There was a sign about how much I needed to get away for a few days.....We were walking by one of the bars, as there are many, and I saw a bottle of liquor called "Teachers". (see picture) The bartender made me come around the bar and took my picture with it but I thought it best not to post that.    Of course we tried it - not my flavor as it was like a scotch/whiskey!  Yuck! 

There is something about Jamaica.......Yeah man! Much needed rest....and heavenly atmosphere.  Keeno....my favorite bartender.....took good care of Wayne and I!  What more do we need?  Sunshine, sand, ocean, and smiles.  No stress!  (I did miss the kids though....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment