Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Elyse Places 2nd in High Jump at Conference Meet







It's been a while since I have made a post in my blog so I thought it was time I get the world caught up on how Elyse did in track, now that it is over. She had a very successful season in track this year and I think she really enjoyed it..... a lot more than last year.....mainly the high jump. Throughout the season she ran the 400' and the 200', usually placing 5th in the 400' (not so much in the 200'). Her determination really played into how she did in the high jump as she practiced almost every weekend. It was fun for Wayne and I to watch her determination. . . .She consistently placed 2nd after the first track meet in the high jump. . . .making 4'4" and 4'6". . . always getting 2nd place and very proud. That "consistency" carried over into the conference track meet. She competed against girls from 6 or 7 schools (can't remember)and came out placing 2nd overall! She was so pumped and excited! She easily cleared 4'6" and then attempted 4'8" but couldn't quite do it. It was between her and another girl. . .the other made 4'8". So 2nd place it was again. . . . great job Elyse! She has set some goals for next year and high school in the high jump that I know she will accomplish if she puts her heart and mind into it. Awesome track season Elyse! We are all very proud of you!

I wanted to also congratulate Wayne's niece and nephew, Miranda and Brandon Kerian, on having awesome seasons in track as well. Miranda broke the 8th grade record in at least 2 running events, and Brandon made it to state in three events! Yes. . .they are fast!!!! Way to go Miranda and Brandon. I did include one picture of Elyse and Miranda after they finished running the 400' at Charles City. Miranda usually does not run that race, but coach put her in, and she broke the record for the 400'! So, I thought it was a good picture of the two girls "starting" and "ending" the 400' together!

So. . . Elyse is now busy practicing for 9th grade softball. First game next week . . .can't believe my baby girl is playing high school ball already. (tear, tear). Looks like I better invest in one of those cushions for sitting on the bleachers. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment