Sunday, July 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Ken!


My last post is to wish my brother Ken happy birthday! Today is his birthday and I hope he is having one hell of a party up there. Even though he is not here with me physically, I know he is with me in spirit (and that I am crying now as he thinks I am a bit emotional) :) Yes....so true...there were many tears shed during our vacation. I couldn't help think while driving the last few weeks how Ken has pulled so many family and friends together over the past. I also realized that he is the reason my family first went to the Outer Banks years ago (Sara, Derek, Kim and Wayne-had a blast with Ken) as well as the reason we ventured to Fripp in South Carolina as we loved the beach so much. Ken was the one who first invited us to the Outer Banks for a few days before Deanne and Darbys' wedding. If it weren't for that moment...my family wouldn't have all the wonderful memories we have had over the past years....9 to be exact as Deanne reminded me....or all the great friendships that have developed over the years. Deanne, Wayne and I sat on her deck one night with the sky full of stars and the waves crashing talking about all the people and friendships Ken helped create. I have so many wonderful memories and new friendships because of him. In a way, I guess that is how he will live on in us. Even so, I miss him a lot and wish he were here. I only hope that as I sat on the beach in the Outer Banks the last few weeks, he was sitting on the beach too or watching the same stars at night.

Happy Birthday Ken! Love and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment