Thursday, July 29, 2010

"This is the life" according to Cody






Last week was a fun week for us as I spent a day in Minneapolis with my nephews, Graham and Connor, and Wayne's nephews, Justin and Cody, spent Sunday til Monday morning at our house. It was fun all around as I spent the day holding Connor and catching up with my sister then playing with Graham that evening singing songs and running around outside. Connor is growing and smiles/coos. Adorable! I could spend all day hugging both of them! Oh yeah....isn't Connor's shirt so cute? hehehe Go Cyclones!

Justin and Cody came over Sunday around noon. Alex had some friends over the night before and they were playing poker at the time the boys arrived. (Yes, I know. . . but it is harmless). Anyway, before the afternoon was over Justin had jumped in to play and beat them all!!!! The boys were in awe. I enclosed a picture of them playing....think this was the second game after Justin had "given them a lesson or two". So funny! Cody spent his time hanging with Wayne, helping clean his kites, and me, playing legos. Later in the afternoon, Wayne and Cody decided to crawl up in the hammock with the dogs. As they were lying there, Cody calmly states, "Wayne, this is the life!". Wayne just started laughing. They were telling stories and everything. So funny. Of course the night ended with the reading of "The Ghost Eye Tree. That has been a favorite of Wayne's to read to the kids...and he always reads it to Cody, but this time....Alex read it to him at bedtime. It was precious.

So it was a fun week spending time with family. The Kerian clan, most of us, did meet and go out Saturday. Carol, Kayla and Peter were down from Rochester. It is rare for all of us to go out together so it was fun. Decided that we need to do it more often. Thanks to Wayne's brother Randy for celebrating his birthday with us! I think that is enough said about the evening.....from what I heard, some of the family members weren't feeling very well the morning after and might not remember everything.....hahahaha. Good times!

That evening I also ran into a lot of my "first homeroom" class teaching. It was a group of students I "floated up" teaching as 4th, then 5th and 6th grade. It was awesome to see so many of them (in town for a wedding). At one point, when one of them asked to buy me a drink, I did feel a little old. But that feeling soon went away. Kind of reinforced my love for my job.....not the drinking, of course....the teaching! It's great to know you have a bond with some students even after they move on in life. Fun night!

Enjoy the pictures. I can't take credit for taking them all. Thanks Sara for sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment