Thursday, August 19, 2010

Nadermann Family Reunion






Last Sunday we ventured down to Farley, Iowa, my dad's hometown, for a family reunion. This was a first for my dad's family as it was just his sister, her children, and his brother's children. You may not think there would be many, but his one and only sister has 9 kids (I think)....So you throw in the fact that they now have their own kids, there were many little ones to say the least, and half of my cousins and their kids weren't even there! It was a gorgeous day, and nice to see cousins that we really only see at sad occassions. We had a nice picnic and then my dad and his nephew, Mark, my brother-in-law, Derek, and Wayne took the younger boys down to the baseball field to hit some balls. I have to admit, I could see a sparkle in my dad's eye as all these young, little boys playing baseball....as well as his grandsons and son-in-laws. I think he was very proud. Of course Graham had to play as you can see in the pictures. The whole time, he was carrying a stick so Wayne thinks he is going to be a golfer as the first time he chased a ball, Graham put it down and thought he should hit it like a golf ball. So cute! Of course, Alex loved batting and hitting them out to his Papa. Treasured moment for me watching as it was priceless!

It was a wonderful day, although short as we needed to get so I could go work at school. Although I don't see my dad's family a lot, it was so nice to touch base with my aunt LuAnne, her kids, and uncle's family. They are wonderful, caring people whom I regret not seeing more often. Fun family day together to end the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment