Saturday, November 7, 2009

Halloween, Hunting, and UNI Volleyball





I just got home from Rochester, Wayne is golfing being it is such a wonderful day, and the kids are with Kirstin who took them bowling for the afternoon. It is nice and quiet, so I thought I would do some blogging and computer "stuff" instead of cleaning up the house. That can always wait. . . besides. . . .everyone else is away playing so I am not going to clean! :) Elyse and Wayne are finally getting over their "cold/bronchitis". Elyse still has a pretty nasty cough, but she was hit harder with it than Wayne. I am just hoping Alex and I don't get it as it was nasty! They both were in bed for at least 3-4 days, not moving. Elyse ended up in the emergency room unable to fully breathe. Wayne even skipped a sunshiny Thursday for golf so that shows you how sick he was. Nasty stuff!

I know I said I would make a post about Alex, but it was a crazy week. Didn't get it done. I can tell you that Alex had his first experience pheasant hunting last weekend, much to his mother's dismay. I wasn't even aware that Wayne had bought him a gun (which I know why Wayne didn't tell me) let alone that he was old enough to go hunting with Wayne. I was worried the whole morning!!!! He said he had fun, although they only saw one bird. He did get a chance to shoot at it, so he thought that was pretty cool. I may not be quite ready for all of that, and I was actually hoping that he wouldn't enjoy himself. (Don't tell him though) Oh well. . .good time spent with his dad!

You can see that I included a picture of Wayne and I for Halloween. Quite funny I know. We had a great time being hippies, and everyone who ran into us and knew Wayne long ago said that he must have pulled his outfit out of his closet because it looked familiar. hehehe We had a great time with friends at Tiffany's annual Halloween party. I also posted a picture of my friend, Tiffany, as Velma from Scooby Doo, Michelle as a patient at the gynocologist, me, and Kelly as Cindy Lou Hoo from The Grinch. Good time!

Last night Elyse and I went to UNI to the girls volleyball game. She took along her friends Megan and Hannah, and my friend Julie (Hannah's mom) went along as well. We had a great dinner at Beck's on the Hill and then went to the volleyball match. UNI won big time, quick and easy. The girls had a great time, and it was nice for me to catch up with Julie as we haven't chatted in a while. Go Panthers! Wayne enjoyed a quiet night of rest, as he decided he shouldn't go with his cold, and Alex spent some time with friends working on their bowling game. My children are never home. . . :)

Enjoy the sunshine and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment