Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thankful for So Many Things







I think I speak for my whole family when I say it was nice to have a big homecooked meal on Thanksgiving - as we haven't had a stove for over a week. Yes, a week! I am not one who enjoys cooking, but I do realize now how much I miss having a stove. So it was nice to see everyone on Thanskgiving as well as enjoy so much yummy food! Our new stove and microwave is suppose to be here Tuesday. . . the grout is done in the kitchen . . .they are coming to make a final measurement on the new island and prepare for the counter top on Wednesday night. . . .can't wait until it is done. We have decided to wait to do the living room floor (hardwood or new carpet?) after Christmas so that we can enjoy the holiday season without so much of a mess.

Amid all of this, the kids decided they wanted to move bedrooms. I don't know if I am ready for it, but Elyse is moving downstairs, Alex is moving into her room, and the extra guest room will move into Alex's old room. All of this involves repainting each room before the kids move in, new bedding, etc. We just repainted one of the downstairs rooms so Elyse will be moving down this week. Next weekend we will repaint Elyse's old room in preparation for Alex's move. Why not???? We have nothing else to do!??!!!??!! :)

The pictures I have posted are from last weekend of the kids with Derek and Sara before going to the Broadway show of "Grease". They had a wonderful time, and Elyse wants to download all the songs from the show to her iPod. Again, thanks Sara and Derek as they had a really great time! And as always, thinking of Buzz every where we go.

Elyse's basketball team continues to be undefeated. The season has just flown by as they only have two or three games left. Then comes all the weekend tourneys with her AAU team. Alex has his first AAU tournament next weekend, Dec 5th, which we are also excited about. He has been practicing hard with his team and a family friend, Kyle McCarville. It's fun to think about how much they have both improved since their first AAU games in 3rd or 4th grade. . . .they have come a long way . . . .It is so much fun to watch them. . . .and Elyse said that I have quieted down a little as well as far as "cheering goes". :)

The night before Thanksgiving we spent some time with Wayne's family visiting Wayne's grandmother, Lucy, for her 95th birthday. Yes, 95! It was nice to see her and spend some time with her as well. Sadly, it was a night we will cherish as she past away last night, Saturday night. She lived a great life and will be missed. I am so glad that we had a great night all together as a family before she past away. Kind of makes me think that in some magical way, that night was meant to be together. Makes her leaving us a little more peaceful in a way, I guess. We will miss you Grandma Lucy! We are thankful for having you in our lives. Some how you always made me giggle, and I will miss that!

1 comment:

  1. the bitch's tits look great in that shirt! lift it up you slut! show it all off fuckin skank!

    ReplyDelete