Sunday, November 22, 2009

Vikings vs. Seahawks - One Part of Great Weekend!

We just returned from a great weekend that was very much needed after a week of "grout removal hell". Wayne, myself, Elyse and Alex went to Minneapolis for the weekend to enjoy many activities, one of which was the Vikings game today! The Vikings looked incredible, we had great seats, and it was a fun time for us together. Luckily, our seats were on the side of the end zone where the Vikings scored every touchdown (except maybe the last one by Jackson as we left by then). I have included a slide show of our pictures from the game - Elyse and I randomnly snapped pictures when the Viking's "Main Men" came near our end (Farvre, Peterson, Rice and Harvin of course). We also made sure to take a picture holding up a "Beat it Buzz" sign, (post below if unsure what this is about) and I have already sent it to my friend in charge of his "http://beatitbuzz.blogspot.com" blog page to show we are always thinking of him! Fun day cheering on the Vikes! My weekend was complete because I got 'carded' today at the Vikes game and no one else around me did as the vendor guy was selling beer in our section. I was so excited, and Wayne just shook his head as he knew it would make my day. The guy looked at my ID and said, "Wow. I would have never guessed you were that old." I'm not sure how I should take "that old" but I am going to take it as a compliment. :) My weekend was complete. hehehe. Wayne was way excited last night because as we were having drinks at Cosmos at our hotel, some past fooball player with the last name of Allen, I should know but can't remember, sat down by us and had some drinks. I didn't believe Wayne at first that it was this ex-Viking, but I was wrong. Ihen as we were leaving the stadium today, ex-Viking Randall (again, I can't remember his first name either) walked along between Elyse and Alex. I told Elyse to "bump" into him, but she looked at me like I was so uncool - which is the look I get often from her. hehe Anyway, that was pretty cool too.

The kids had a SUPER time staying with Sara, Derek, and Graham over the weekend also while Wayne and I did a little shopping and stayed at our favorite hotel in Minneapolis - Graves 601. The four of them went out for a nice diner then to see the Broadway show of "Grease" and according to the kids, it was "incredible and better than Mama Mia"", which they both loved! I can hear Elyse downloading songs from "Grease" right now to her phone as ringtones as I type. They loved it so much and had a great time with Sara and Derek! Thanks so much you guys!!! Elyse is so hooked! Once Sara sends me the pictures from that (hint hint Sara - just kidding) I will post those as well! Even Vinnie and Norah enjoyed spending the night at the Johnsons - and all slept hard on the way home today! That's a good sign! So. . .look for my next post to be pictures of their fun night and updates on Elyse's basketball games. Thanks Sara and Derek for creating more special memories with Elyse and Alex (and the dogs too, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment