Sunday, October 24, 2010

Dad-Daughter Time Traveling



Wayne and Kirstin on boat around Harbor in Baltimore
 Wayne ventured to Alexandria, VA, last Wednesday to spend some time with Kirstin and move her to New York.  He went a few days early to spend some time with her as well as see Darby and Deanne.....he saw plenty of Darby and they had a little "too much" fun together.  Just kidding.  It was great for them to spend some time with Darby and Deanne and the girls before heading to New York.  He had the pleasure of going to school with Kirstin on morning, meeting her students, and watching her with the kids.  He called me and said he was almost crying from being so proud when he was watching her! I am sure she is a natural!  They spent some time with the family Kirstin stayed with before having one last night at Darby and Deannes' and leaving Saturday morning for Baltimore. 


Kirstin doing oyster shooter in Baltimore
They decided to take a trip to Baltimore to take advantage of being out east as well as Wayne wanted to go back to where we spent some time with Ken when Ken lived there.  When Sara, Wayne and I went to Baltimore to see Ken, he made everyone do Oyster Shooters so Sara and I felt it was only right that Kirstin do them as well.  Next time you see her you will have to ask her how that experience went.....she did it and I know Ken was smiling!!!!  They took a boat ride around the Harbor in Baltimore and had a nice dinner that evening.  In between there, Wayne was so pumped that ISU beat Texas in football they stopped at "Hooters" for a celebration drink.  I think Wayne liked the scenery there as much as the victory drink.  :)

Wayne celebrating after ISU beat Texas....
 And now, they are at my uncle/aunt, Dennis and Connies' outside New York City in Rye.  Kirstin is beyond excited!  She has already been on a walk with the dog (that looks like our dog, Norah) and is loving the location!  Thank you so much Dennis and Connie!!!!  We couldn't be more grateful that you are giving her this experience........Wayne called tonight and told me that when the family was doing prayer before dinner tonight, my uncle Dennis made a comment to his 3 boys (who are the ages of Elyse and Alex) something like, "And we are so excited to have the boys welcome their new sister."  It almost made me cry!!!!  She drove by her school and is pumped to be with 2nd graders as well as spend some time with James, William, and Joseph.  I know she will have many ventures there with the Deutmeyer family.....(I am kind of jealous...I admit!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment